In the candidate profile you will find all the important information about your applicants. View the personal data and documents, create appointments or exchange information with your colleagues on the individual applications. Find out all the details in this article.
1. The profile types
onlyfy one distinguishes between two types of profile:
- Candidates who have sent their application to a job ad via XING Instant Apply will automatically have a profile created in onlyfy one.
- People who are recommended to you in onlyfy one or who have visited your job ad have a XING profile which you can view directly in onlyfy one. Included in the packages Core, Pro, Ultimate!
To access the profile, open a job ad and select the desired person in the section "Your Candidates" or "Profile suggestions". Click on the line and the candidate profile will open.
In the next sections we will look at these two candidate profiles in detail.
2. The XING profile
The XING profile contains, among other things, the following information, depending on the data provided by the person in question:
- Professional experience
- Educational background
- Contact details
In addition, the willingness to change jobs is also displayed. This is an indication of the person's interest in a new job.
3. The candidate profile
The candidate profile of your applicants is structured as follows:
- On the left side you will see the applicant's personal data, additional data fields, as well as the CV.
- On the right-hand side, you will find further information on the application(s) and upcoming appointments. Below this, you will find a list of documents and an application history including comments.
The following general functions are available in the upper menu bar:
Use Application Manager to print the profile you want.
Download documents or the entire candidate profile as a PDF file by performing one of the following actions:
- „Merge PDF files“: Download the different documents of the person in one file. Please note that the function is only displayed if more than two PDF files have been uploaded to the candidate profile.
- „Download candidate profile“: With this option you can also download the candidate profile including contact and additional information, professional experience, education, additional data fields, cover letter as a PDF document.
- „Download anonymous candidate profile“: Do you want to share applications anonymously or externally? Download the candidate profile via this button and the personal data, such as name, date of birth, etc., will not be displayed.
- „Download stored personal data“: With this function you can save all data and documents of the respective person including the additional data fields and a file in JSON format on your computer. Please note that the documents are provided compressed in ZIP format. To open the documents, you will need to have the appropriate software installed on your computer. If you have any questions about the software, please contact your internal IT department.
Assign to a job
Is a candidate also qualified for another job? Use this function to assign another job to a person. Select the job from the list (1) and activate the following fields if necessary:
- „Copy documents from existing application“ (2): If you want to take the documents from another application, activate this field and select the corresponding job from the list (3). In addition, you can also take the cover letter from one of the jobs you have selected (4).
- „Cancel existing application“ (5): If you want to withdraw another application at the same time, activate this field and select the corresponding job (6).
Save your selection with "Confirm" (7).
If you would like to recommend an interesting job in your company to your applicants, send them a message including the link to the application by clicking on "Invite to apply" (1). Select the relevant job from the list (2) and write a personal message (3).
Use this button to close the candidate profile.
3.1 Application type
If your candidates apply via XING Instant Apply, this profile will be marked with a XING icon in the top left-hand corner of onlyfy one.
3.2 Name & photo
In this section you will see the name and photo of your candidate. If no photo has been stored, only the monogram of the person is visible. If you would like to upload a profile picture, click on this monogram.
The field "Edit tags" is currently without function.
3.3 Personal notes
Note down information about the respective person here. This field is only visible to you. Please do not forget to save.
3.4 Personal data
In this section you can see the contact details and language skills of the candidates. Click on "Edit" (1) to add or change data (2). In addition, you can also enter the link to the XING profile or other relevant URLs/links (3).
3.5 Custom data fields
In the candidate profile, you can save the following two pieces of information using the additional data fields:
- Earliest entry date
- Salary expectations
Click on "Add" (1), select a question from the list (2) and enter the answer in the next line (3). At the end, save your entries by clicking on the respective button (4).
In this section you can see the CV of your candidates. You can view the CV as a PDF document or as a parsed CV by moving the slider next to it to the right.
You can also upload a CV manually via "Import new file". Please note that in this case the following existing data will be overwritten:
- Professional experience
- Educational background
You can also download the CV via the "Download" button.
3.7 Active applications
Under "Active applications" you will find the applications of your candidates. Using the drop-down menu (1) you can select whether you want to display all or only one specific application.
Please note that the information displayed in the right-hand column always refers to the selected application.
Are you missing information from the activity history? Select "Show all applications" in the menu to display all information.
You can see the following information about the applications:
- Status in the hiring process (2)
This shows the status in your hiring process where the respective person is currently located. Click on the box to change the status: enter the new status and ― if desired ― a reason for your decision. Then save the change.
- Source and date of application (3)
If the application source has been captured automatically, the source is displayed in this area. Otherwise, only "unknown" is displayed here. Move the mouse over the date and further information, such as the acquisition channel XING Instant Apply, will be displayed.
- Withdraw application (4)
Has your candidate changed his/her mind? You can manually withdraw the application by clicking on the crossed out O.
Your candidates' documents are displayed in this section. Upload additional documents by either clicking on "Add" (1) or dragging and dropping them onto the "Drop file here" field (2). You are welcome to upload several files at the same time.
Do you have problems uploading documents?
Often files are damaged or improperly formatted and are thus not recognised by the system. Try the following solution: open the document in your preferred program and select the option "Print as PDF" when printing. The document will then be saved correctly and should be able to be uploaded without any problems.
For files that you upload yourself, you can also define whether they should only be visible internally or also for the respective person. Click on the eye symbol to select the desired setting (1).
Further options in this area:
- Move the mouse over the letter "i" (2) to display who uploaded the document.
- Click on the arrow (3) to download the document to your PC.
- You can delete documents using the recycle bin icon (4).
3.9 Meeting invitations
Meeting invitations are created job-related, i.e. first select the desired application under "Active applications" (1), otherwise the "Meeting invitations" area will not be displayed. Now invite your candidate to a meeting directly via Application Manager by clicking on "New invitation" (2).
You have the choice between an on-site meeting or a telephone call (3).
Please note, the meeting type "Video call" is only available in our product onlyfy one Application Manager.
Fill in the meeting details and add the appointment to the message (4).
In the next step you have the possibility to write a message to your candidate.
3.10 Activities & messages
In this section you can read the messages of your candidates, follow the different activities in the form of system messages or communicate with your colleagues via the "comment function".
Would you like to comment on a message or an activity internally or address a person from your team? Enter a comment in the comment field of the desired activity and click on "Save". This information is visible internally to all colleagues who are authorised to view the relevant job.
With the help of the "@" symbol followed by the name of the desired person, you can address your comment specifically to a certain person. In this case, depending on the system settings, the marked person will be informed (by e-mail and/or via in-app notification).
Please note that comments published here can no longer be changed or deleted for reasons of traceability.
3.11 Data erasure
At the bottom of the candidate profile you can see when the automatic deletion will take place. You also have the option of deleting your candidates' data immediately. Please note that deleted data cannot be restored.