Suitable applications often take a long time to arrive? Use the unique support that onlyfy one Job Ads offer for your active sourcing and get direct access to 21 million talents. In this article, we will show you how.
Let desired talents be found automatically
For every vacancy you create with onlyfy one Job Ads, you automatically receive ideal candidate recommendations — tailored to your needs and served on a silver platter. Finding the right talent has never been easier! A talent has convinced you at first sight? Then invite the person directly to apply!
Your benefits at a glance:
- Achieve comprehensive search radius — through exclusive access to the largest talent pool in the German speaking area
- Start the selection process immediately instead of waiting an average of 14 days* for the first applications to arrive
- Get more feedback: Improve active sourcing response rates by up to 50%*
- Become active directly: You don't need a XING profile or a TalentManager license to discover your candidates.
- Use convenient support: onlyfy one provides you with suggestions from the job creation stage, even before you place the ad
- Show interest in an uncomplicated way: You can invite interesting candidates to apply with just one click.
* New Work SE, Internal evaluation, 2021/2022
How to activate the profile suggestions?
The feature is already included in your price plan and activated automatically.
After you have published a job ad, the candidate recommendations will be displayed under "Profile Suggestions" (1) > "Recommendations" (2) in the selected job ad.
Have you already published a job ad? So go to "Job ads" (1) > "Active" (2) and open it with one click (3). You will find the recommendations at "Profile Suggestions" (4).
How does the candidate recommender work?
The logic of the recommender
Based on the information you enter in the job details during the job creation process (such as job title, seniority, remote work, skills, salary), our system searches XING for matching people and displays them at the top of the list. The more matches there are, the more likely a person is to be displayed in the list. Before you see the final list, it is automatically filtered using predefined parameters. Talents that match the following parameters are removed from the list:
- People who have already been rejected for this job (via the "x" button).
- People who have already been contacted about the job in question (via the "Start a conversation" button).
- People who have been banned from XING due to their behavior.
- People who indicate a salary preference that is higher than the maximum salary offered for the job.
- People whose professional experience (seniority) is neither the same as that in the job advertisement nor one level above it.
- People who already work for you or one of your institutions.
- People whose profile contains only little information.
Our recommendation model then calculates a score for the remaining talents and ranks them in descending order. Behind the recommendation model is an artificial intelligence, Machine Learning, which takes into account almost all current information and is continuously developed. For example, people who have responded to our invitation are ranked higher than people who have not. Likewise, people who have been contacted are ranked higher than those who are only on the list
You can further refine the algorithm presented above by adjusting the filter criteria.
By default, no filters are applied. You can see the information from the job details to the right of the recommendation list under "Job details" (1). The information that you have defined in the job details are used as a foundation for the generation of the recommendations list and is enriched with additional data from the network. So if someone is active on XING and is interested in changing the job, he·she may appear higher on the list.
To narrow down the list to see only the people that exactly match the search criteria, click on "Filter recommendations" (2). A pop-up window will open and you can now change the following filter criteria:
- Radius (3): Adjust the radius (between 25 and >150 km) by moving the slider to the left or right.
- Career level (4): Select all career levels you´d like to consider by clicking on the desired option. Multiple selections are possible. If you want to delete a selection, click on the "x" icon.
- Skills (5): Select the must-have skills you expect from your candidates. You can either select the skills from our suggestions by clicking on them or search for the desired terms in the search bar. You can specify up to 10 skills.
Changing the location (6) is only possible in the job details, not at this point in the recommendation list.
After you have adjusted the filters, click on "Save" (7) to apply the changes.
You will now see a list showing only the recommended candidates that exactly match your filter criteria. For a better overview, you can see the selected filters to the right of the list, in addition to the job details you originally specified.
Want to change the criteria? Then click on "Edit filters" (1) and adjust the criteria. You can also remove all filters again by clicking on "Clear all" (2).
Please note that the matching score and the candidate highlights, such as skills, experience and willingness to change job, do not change when you apply the filters, as they are calculated for each person in the list in relation to the originally defined job details. In this way, you can see only the candidates that match the filter criteria and the extent to which they match your original requirements from the job details.
As described in the section "The logic of the recommender", the matching score is automatically calculated by the system by matching the information about the talents and the job details. To make the score easy to understand, important information such as skills, experience, willingness to change jobs, distance from the job, job role have been weighted accordingly.
In addition to the matching score, we also show you the results of the following three areas in the overview:
- Willingness to change job
Get to know interesting talents
Search the list of profile suggestions for matching people. Click on the desired person (1) to open the XING profile (2) and view further information, such as professional experience, education, willingness to change jobs.
If a person is not of interest to you, you can remove them from the list by clicking on "x".
Would you like to contact the person and invite them to apply?
First add them to your candidates (1), switch to the "Your Candidates" section (2) and now you can send a message via the "Start a conversation" button (3).
Attention! Only customers with a Pro or Ultimate price plan have the possibility to send 5 direct messages per job ad.
A predefined subject and text are available in the message. You are welcome to personalise both fields according to your wishes.
The text is available in German and English. Simply select the desired language under "Language".
The e-mail is sent in the name of XING (email@example.com). If the respective person likes the offer, he or she clicks on the button "I am interested". A direct reply to the e-mail address is not possible.
As soon as the person has accepted the invitation, a candidate profile is created in onlyfy one and you will see a corresponding entry in the activity log.