With our scheduler, we support you in inviting candidates directly from onlyfy one Application Manager to personal interviews as part of the application process.
1. The Application Manager calendar
With the integrated calendar, you have the ability to schedule appointments entirely within Application Manager, manage them afterwards, and track responses in real time — all without a third-party provider.
The only limitation is that you cannot synchronize your external company calendar. This means that there is no option to get information about the availability of meeting rooms, colleagues via Microsoft Exchange, Office 365 and Google Workspace (formerly G Suite).
The benefits at a glance:
- Intelligent appointment invitations: Candidates and colleagues have the possibility to confirm or cancel appointments with one click.
- Appointment list: With our appointment list you have a visual aid to not only keep track of future appointments, but also to be able to keep a chronicle of past events.
- Editability: Unexpected schedule change? Simply update your appointments in Application Manager and let everyone involved be notified automatically.
- Decline: You need to cancel the appointment completely? All you need is to open the given appointment in your appointment list and cancel it. You have the option to add a message directly in the appointment.
- Activity list: It is important for us to ensure that you can always follow all communication between candidates and/or your team. The activity list also includes entries for creating, changing and canceling appointments.
To create appointments, click on the "New invitation" button (1) in the candidate profile. Then fill out the meeting invitation (2) and write a message to the candidate (3).
Please note, that appointments can only be sent to individual candidates in this way.
2.1 Meeting invitation
Now let's take a closer look at the appointment mask in this section.
2.1.1 Meeting type
Select from the drop-down list the way you want the appointment to take place:
- On-site meeting: If you are conducting the interview on site, add your address, for example, in the "Location" field.
- Phone call
- Video call (automatic link): Make calls directly via Application Manager using our video conferencing application, Jitsi. Once you have selected this appointment type, Application Manager will automatically generate a corresponding link for you. Read more details in our article "Remote hiring with video interviews".
- Video call (add own link): Do you want to use your own video conferencing system? So select this appointment type and paste the link in the "Your meeting link" field. This feature is only available for the packages: onlyfy Prescreen, onlyfy one Core, onlyfy one Pro, onlyfy one Ultimate.
Give your appointment a title, which will be in the subject line of the appointment. By default, this is the name of the applicant.
Would you like to invite colleagues from your company to the interview? Then either select the respective person from the drop-down list or search for the name by clicking in the "Interviewers" field. Users can only be selected if they have an active Application Manager account.
Specify in these three fields, on which day and in which time frame the call should take place.
In this field you can optionally add further information about the interview to the applicant, which will be directly visible in the appointment.
When you have filled in the above fields, your appointment invitation is ready and you can add it to the invitation.
Write a message to your applicant in the last step. This message will be sent as a separate email next to the meeting invitation.
As for your usual communication with applicants, appointments are also documented as a separate activity in the activities list. Since appointments are linked to applications, make sure that the desired application is selected under "Active applications".
2.1.7 Reply to an appointment invitation
If a participant receives the appointment invitation, she·he can reply to you via her·his own email program.
Please note, that only the following responses from your applicants will be forwarded to Application Manager: accept, decline, tentative. Appointment proposals from candidates will not be displayed.
In the following overview you can see the possible answers of your candidates:
Answer of the candidate
(depending on the email program)
X.Y. accepted your event invitation.
|Candidate accepted your event invitation.|
X.Y. declined your event invitation.
|Candidate declined your event invitation.|
X.Y. tentatively accepted your event invitation.
|Candidate tentatively accepted your event invitation.|
|Propose new time: Tentative and propose new time||
X.Y. tentatively accepted your event invitation.
Candidate tentatively declined your event invitation.
|Propose new time: Decline and propose new time||X.Y. declined your event invitation.||Candidate declined your event invitation.|
Depending on the system settings, you will receive the participants' response via email and/or as an in-app notification.
In addition, you also have an overview of all your future and past meetings in the candidate profile.
2.2 Edit appointments
Select the desired job (1) in the candidate profile and call up the meeting invitations menu by clicking on the three dots next to the appointment (2). Here you can edit (3) or cancel (4) the meetings.
When editing appointments, you are free to change them fundamentally. Please note that participants will receive an update of your appointment by email, if the setting "Notify all participants about changes" is activated (default setting). If this setting is disabled, the appointment will only change for you and within the appointment list.
If you want to cancel an appointment completely, you can do so by selecting the "Cancel meeting" option in the appointment list (as mentioned above) or in the dialog for editing an appointment. In the course of this, you will be given the option to write a message regarding your cancellation.
The composed message will be sent to all participants with the updated appointment invitation.
The cancellation will also be recorded in an entry in your activities list.
3. In-app notifications
In addition to an email, you will also receive notifications from Application Manager within the app. Define yourself how you want to receive these messages: via email and/or as in-app notifications in your dashboard. You can configure these settings under "My Profile" > "Notifications" > "Event notifications".
The in-app notifications about meeting invitation responses are displayed in your dashboard. Clicking one of the notifications will take you directly to the candidate's profile.
4. Access management
Admins can customize users' calendar permissions under "Settings" (1) > "Access Management" (2) > "Access groups" (3). To do so, click on "Edit" (4) next to the desired group and then go to "Access" (5) > "Calendar" (6). Here you can edit the following two settings.
- „Can edit calender events only as the event creator“ (7): If only this permission is granted, users can only edit appointments that they have created themselves.
- „Can edit all calender events“ (8): If this permission is activated, members of the respective permission group can edit appointments without any restrictions ― even those created by colleagues.
5. Calendar settings
Under "Settings" (1) > "Integration" (2) > "Calendar" (3) you can specify that the appointment invitations will only be sent if all your colleagues have accepted the appointment. If a single person on the recruiter's side declines, the appointment invitation and the enclosed message will not be sent to the candidates. To do this, activate the button "Send invitation to candidates only after all other interviewers have accepted" (4).
6. Integration of external calenders
If you would like to integrate existing calendars, such as Microsoft Exchange, Office 365 or Gmail, we also offer this option via a partner.
Please note that the calendar integration is only available in selected onlyfy one Application Manager price plans.
Learn more about the external calendar integration options in our article "Cronofy: Integration of external calender".