In the general overview you will find all candidates who have applied to you.
Click on "Candidates" (1) in the main menu to display a list of all your applicants across all jobs.
This list also includes all speculative applications, as these are not related to a specific job.
- Candidates who have not yet completed all the steps in the application process are shown in light grey in the list.
- Persons who have already requested data erasure are no longer displayed by default. To have them displayed, activate the corresponding filter option.
Aufbau der Kandidat·innen-Liste:
- Search options (2): Read more information about the search in the chapter "Search candidates".
- Bulk action field (3): The detailed procedure can be found in section "Interaction with candidates". „Interaktion mit den Kandidat·innen“.
- Foto of the candidate (4): If no photo has been uploaded, only the person's monogram is visible.
- Name of the candidate (5)
- Candidate tags (6): Tags allow you to assign people to specific groups or categories.
- Information about the application (7):
Number of active applications submitted by the candidate.
Date, when the candidate was registered in Application Manager.
Number of days when the data was last updated.
Number of possible duplicates. You can find further information under point "Duplicates".
- Custom questions (8): In this column you can see the custom questions you have defined.
- Context menu (9): The description of this function can be found in section "Interaction with candidates".
- Sorting parameters (10): Read more helpful information in section "Sorting parameters".
Create new candidates
Candidates are automatically saved in Application Manager as soon as they register in the application portal or you forward the email applications to the respective job mailbox. You can find helpful information on the latter point in our article "Manage email applications".
If you would like to enter a person manually, first obtain consent for data processing. Then click on "Add" (1) and fill in the main data in the next window.
Optionally, you can assign a job to the applicant at the end of the form (2) and inform him/her by email about the profile creation (3).
Save your entries with the button "Create candidate" (4).
You can find an overview of your self-created candidates by clicking on the "My candidates" button (1). Please note that this button is only active if you have created candidates yourself. You can delete the filter either by clicking on the X symbol (2) or by clicking on the "Clear filters" button (3).
The candidate list is extremely handy for searching your entire database for interesting profiles. As each person could apply for several jobs, information such as application status is not displayed here.
We provide you with some tools to master the search in different situations:
- Perform complex searches with Boolean operators to find the candidates in your talent pool who exactly match your requirements (see also the chapter "The search"), or
- simply use the text search in combination with the filter option and the sorting to find a specific application (see also in the chapters "Filter options" and "Sorting parameters").
Enter the word you are looking for in the search field to search for the following data:
- General information about the candidate: name, email, phone number, tags.
- Specific data from the CV: Name and description of the position, name of the company, school education, trainings and specialisations, academic degrees.
- Reference-ID: Use the hash sign in front of the search. For example: #15.
You can limit or expand the results of your search query by combining or excluding certain terms using the following parameters:
The results include all the terms you searched for. Usually narrows down your search results.
|Senior Backend Developer AND AWS|
The results contain one or more search terms. Usually expands your search results.
|Sales OR Account Executive|
Excludes search terms from the results. Usually restricts your search results.
|Developer NOT Manager|
For structuring complex search queries and search term combinations.
|Mobile Developer NOT (junior OR Android)|
The results include the exact search term in the inverted commas. Usually narrows down your search results.
|"react" AND "angular"|
In addition to the text search, you can use filters to get more precise results. You will find the following options directly on the start page of the candidate list:
- Statuses (1): Filter by your hiring process steps.
- Tags (2): Narrow down your search using the tags you have assigned yourself.
- For more filter options, click „More“ (3).
With the help of the filter function "More", special applicant groups can also be displayed or hidden. For example:
- Unfinished applications: „Application management“ (1) > „Finished/unfinished“ (2).
- Persons in data erasure process: „Application management“ (1) > „Only candidates in data erasure process“ (3).
- Speculative applications: „Job“ (4) > „Speculative applications“ (5).
Sort your search results in ascending or descending order by
- first or last name,
- created date,
- last update,
to display the results that you are interested in.
When applying for the first time, each candidate receives access to their own profile in order to view their own applications. The email address entered here is also the user ID and serves as a unique identifier for the candidate.
If a candidate tries to apply again in the future with the same email address, he·she will be informed that the email is already registerd. He·she will then be asked to log in. If he·she has forgotten the password, it can be restored with the help of the e-mail address.
Through this process we try to prevent duplicates. Unfortunately, there may still be duplicate records. Some of the reasons for this include
- A person applies one more time with a different email address.
- A person had already been registered and was imported again via an email application.
These applicants are marked as "Potential duplicates" (1) in the list of candidates. Click on one of the lines to view the details (2).
Automatic merging of duplicates is currently not possible.
Check the records and select the one that either contains the most relevant information or where actions have already been taken. Then manually transfer all relevant information to the respective candidate profile and remove the duplicate (e.g. via the deletion request).
Interaction with candidates
Directly in the list of candidates you have several possibilities to get in touch with your candidates.
- „Contact“ (1): Write a message or invite candidates directly to an appointment.
- „Invite to questionnaire“ (2): If you need more information from the applicants, invite them to answer a questionnaire of your choice.
- „Delete“ (3): Attention, with this button you delete all data and applications of a person.
- „Offer extended data retention“ (4): Do you want to keep your candidates' data longer? Offer a longer data retention period.
- „Start data erasure process“ (5): Start the erasure request to have the candidates' data and applications automatically deleted after the retention period.
Contact several candidates at the same time by ticking the box next to their name (1). If you want to contact all candidates at the same time, click on the first box in the blue bar (2) and select one of the activated bulk actions (3):
- „Contact“ („Invite to questionnaire“ or „Offer extended data retention“)